Sunday, May 22, 2011

Hot Toddy

This one is for all my Southerners who are facing the daunting task of keeping the cold's and flu at bay during the coming Winter season. Ofcourse, for all my Notherners, you will have to refer back to this in November....you will have to..why? Because this works!!! It may not be to your taste, infact using the old "block your nose while you drink"adage comes in pretty handy here.

I got this little remedy from my homeopath a couple of years ago and it worked wonders for me, so I thought I would share:

WINTER COCKTAIL

Mix the following ingredients together (all measurements are approximate):-
  • 1/4 teaspoon dry ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon dry ground tumeric
  • 1/2 teasppon fresh grated ginger / 1/4 teaspoon dry ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon honey
  • 1/2 fresh squeezed lemon juice
  • 250 - 350ml boiling water
You can drink this throughout the day, but most importantly drink before going to bed.



Bottoms Up! Here's to a healthy winter season.

1 comment: