Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Really?

So, a few weeks ago, I was introduced to a new colleague and she seemed like a reallly fun, go-getter type of person, but after a few encounters and interesting conversations, I'm unenamoured.

Many times I struggle to understand how people become the way they become. What happened that they behave a certain way and have certain opinions and beliefs? And just to be clear, I'm not judging, I'm just curious.

You see, this colleague of mine is of the opinion that every single man that walks planet earth is a cheat. Really? Is this true? On Friday we went to a racing event and she spent most of the day pondering how difficult it would be to be married to one of the competitors, because that would mean you would have to spend your weekends at races, because if you left him to attend on his own, he would be hooking up with every cherrie that crossed his path. WOW!!!

She even insinuated that if given half a chance my grandfather and father, if they have not already, would probably have cheated. Really? Not on your life!!!! I am in total disagreement. I have some of the most wonderful examples of endless, passionate, enduring, hardworking, successful relationships anyone could ask for.

My grandparents were married for 65 years. My parents have been married for 34 years. None of them have said it has been easy, none of them have cheated or strayed. I'm witness to the wonderful relationships some of my friends have. I cannot think of one who has not got a sincere, thoughtful, caring and dedicated boyfriend or husband.

I may not be involved with anyone at the moment, but I'm going to put my neck out and stand up for the good guys of the world. There are many of you out there who don't get acknowledged or appreciated. Thank you...Gramps, Dad and all the others for being such wonderful blokes!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment