Thursday, June 2, 2011

Heaven on a Plate

Have you ever sat down to a meal that just blew your taste buds away? Or do you have a dish that a loved one makes that you can't help but tuck in for seconds, maybe thirds?

Last week Friday, I had the pleasure of experiencing one of the best meals I've ever had at a new little cafe, Billi Bi, at my local shopping mall. I'm a food lover, as previously indicated, I have the curves to prove it! So, this experience got me thinking about all the meals I've had that have allowed me to travel to heaven:

1. Billi Bi's delightful grilled calamari with grilled veggies and a caress of sweet chili sauce. Mmmm, there were no words really. I guess heaven must be really quiet.

2. My mother's lasagna. Yes, I understand this could be percieved as mere bias, but I promise if you had to taste it you would agree.

3. The steamed lobster I got to devour on the banks of the Swan River, in Perth, on a balmy summer evening.

4. My grandfather's breakfast of burnt toast and oats with powder milk...clearly not because it tasted like heaven, but because it was made with love.

5. A packet of old fashioned slap chips........not healthy, but seriously addictive. The smell of vinegar and salt gets the saliva juices flowing.

Ofcourse, there are so many more memories of great food I could conjure up, but then that would make this post just far too long. It begs the question.....what have been some of your favourite meals of all time?




No comments:

Post a Comment