Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Power of No

I'm a sucker! Well, many people tell me that, but I like to think I'm compassionate, thoughtful and caring.....until a couple of weeks ago.

It seems it is official, I'm the only singlet among my friends and am just begging for valid responsibilities and have endless amounts of time on my hands!!! I'm the Go-To-Girl.

If you need a house-sitter, baby-sitter, pet-sitter, alarm switch-on-and-offer....who do you call? Moi! Now don't get me wrong, I don't take any issue with helping my friends out, but when people you only see on odd occasions start trusting you with 800metre squared of home space....now really, was there nobody else you could call?

The thing that irks me most is the fact that I just cannot say no. THAT is the real issue. Apparently learning to say no is an empowering process and I'm looking for empowering! I'm just wondering, what about it is empowering?

Maybe it's empowering becasue then I can decide what I want to do with my own time. Am I going to veg on the couch, go to a movie, spend my millions on those designer fashions or head out to a good restaurant for a great meal with some excellent company. Mmmm, that does sound empowering.

What would be more empowering is if I charge them!!! I wonder if they'd pay for my Go-to-Girl services? Lightbulb...that would mean never having to say NO!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment