Tuesday, October 12, 2010

What about a Guy?

At the tender age of .....well, now, would I really reveal my age to you? I'm a traditionalist and a futurist all at the same time. Some things I prefer to do the traditional way, others the new.
Which brings me to my tender age and boyfriends, fiancé's and husbands...of which I have none! Would be nice to have all three.....Yes, this is where traditionalist comes into play.

There is immense pressure at the moment to "settle down", do the ball and chain thing. I'm not sure if I'm putting pressure on myself or if the fact that I constantly seem to be the spare wheel or bringing up the rear, so to speak, in comparison with my family and friends, is the heavyweight.

There is no doubt that I would love to meet "the one" and have a wonderful family life, with my very own pigeon pair, two dogs, a cat, maybe a parrot, swimming pool, large garden, house, I would even consider being Mom's taxi. According to those "in the know" time is running out.

It's the first question I get asked these days: "So, what about a guy? Who you dating?" And for the thousandth time I have to sheepishly reply "Nope, Nobody, Nada. Nothing!" To be honest, I get a tad bit embarrassed. I'm sure I'm not hideous, I'm certainly round on the edges, carrying that sack of potatoes on the butt and thighs, but I'm awesome!! Thoughtful, caring, for the most part funny, passionate about charitable issues and the environment, successful, driven, sport's savvy and down-to-earth. So what the bloody-you-know-what is the issue???

When ambushed with the above question, I'm quick to enquire as to where I'm supposed to meet this knight in shining armour, to which I get a resounding "I have no idea"!! Well, blimey, why don't you have a solution?

I'm not into the club scene, a bar is a no-no thanks to my non-bingeing drinking habits and anti-smoking stance. I did try online dating at the beginning of this year. I found it to be a wee bit like a meat market. It seemed appearance was all that mattered and let's not forget, I'm a traditionalist, it just did not feel right or comfortable. I also found that I too started to become a neurotic snob, putting brawn and good looks first. Sis on me!!!!

So, what is the answer? I'm open to blind dates.....as long as my personal body guard is on stand by in case of emergency; Moooommmmm!!!! A nice meal with some good conversation would be really appealing. And I do eat, I'm not a supermodel in waiting, munching on lettuce and a carrot. I love food, I like to cook, try new things. And although I'm not a binger, sharing a bottle of Red is so on.

I guess this just begs the question..."Don't you have any friends you could introduce me to?"

Yes, I'm still waiting.

2 comments:

  1. Tazz... you and I seriously need to go for coffee. No wait! Make that drinks and lots of them. We've had this conversation but we need to continue it because all I want to say to you right now is enjoy being single because trust me there is no Mr. Right. Mr. Perfect. Perhaps just look for Mr. Right Now... We need to hook up again and SOON! xc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taryn, it's not you, it's them. Though it isn't always easy, try to find contentment with life and enjoy it. Don't let people press you, settling with 'someone' is not the solution. Don't just become one of them. And if you believe, then pray, because I believe there is someone waaaaay bigger than all of us who sees it all.

    ReplyDelete