Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Signing It Away!

Eish! So I took the plunge and have invested in some property! What a daunting, expensive task!!! As much as I have desperately wanted to take this step for a while, I'm beginning to wonder why we can't miss steps like these all together??

I'm not sure if it was the same back in the day, but it does not seem you get much bang for your buck anymore. I love the place I have chosen, it is just right for me and in a building I have been eyeing for a long time. It is spacious, has fantastic views, is well kept and has a great mix of old and young residents. But when I consider what I'm going to have eventually dished out for the place, when ALL the moolah has been handed over, after 20 years....really, it's worth THAT much....yeah right, I could easily throw in the towel.

As a single-income-single-chick, I never thought this day would come......my ass officially belongs to the bank and my signature is now apparently worth a few bob. Signing your life away is not much fun, I was feeling rather queasy this morning. And then to top it off you always find out after you have checked and re-checked all the facts and figures, that there is just one more person who needs to dive into your piggy bank!!! Hello, after all the checking and re-checking, ze piggy bank is empty. I'm going to have to sell all my worldly possessions to cover this one...oh, wait, I have none. Suddenly, I realise why the lawyer is driving the lovely brand, spanking new Chrysler...Hello? And all because he chopped down half the rain forest and made me sign it!!!

And after all that number crunching it looks like this single-income- single-chick will have to rent my new baby out! Boo. So, for the next year I will still be living under the iron fist of the rentals! (Honestly, they aren't that bad:0)

It's just strange, when you sit down and really consider what is most valuable in life, is it really worth what car you drive, where you live, how much you earn? Or should we place more emphasis on the people we love and the experiences we share?

I'm leaning toward the latter!

No comments:

Post a Comment